View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 11:38 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I found this page today...and find it answers some of your questions, Mel.

http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/16422495.php

The bottom line is that people vary. There is no one answer.
Mrs. D.

One quick question before I do the binge thing tomorrow. I know we discussed that it could be one meal (even though people do a binge weekend.

Can I do a binge day? What confuses me is that I'm not sure if I should be adding carbs to my breakfast lunch and dinner.

I know what I'm having for lunch and for dinner. The only carb for dinner will be the potato. The steak and wine and veggies will balance it out, the steak is fat, the potato is carb and the wine is the wine, and since I never eat this way, I call it a binge.

Now the breakfast, here is where I get confused.

I want to have a completely different Monday than I do the rest of the week. So Monday (let's call it Melody's binge day), I'm not sure if my breakfast should be carbs or the Atkins method.

So if I binge on Monday morning, do I have a well toasted scooped out bagel with cream cheese (Haven't eat one of those in YEARS), or do I have 2 eggs with a slice of cheese and some bacon). No carbs in that.

Because I'm diabetic and this is one day, I'm not sure if the binge should be a carb binge or an Atkins binge.

Once I get this down pat I'll know what I'm doing. But tomorrow morning is the first breakfast of my weekly binge thing.

I don't do cereal, oatmeal or french toast. With syrup (yuck). Haven't eaten that in years. I could do oatmeal, but that's a binge?? Don't think so. I'm supposed to shock my metabolism. Wouldn't bacon eggs and cheese do this? And no carbs, so it wouldn't spike blood sugar, right?

This is the last question I'll ask on this binge thing. Once I know what I'm doing, I'LL DO IT!!! lol

Thanks much

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote