Thread: Boston MD's
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 12:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I live in Boston. Dr Simopolous at Beth Isreal is wonderful. I have only had relief from epidurals. I got RSD as a child in both legs. I was going inpatient every month for a week. He did a one of a kind procedure in 2001. He implanted an epidural catheter with a port in my chest. Once a month for a week I do the epidural at home. I get 7 pain free days.

He fought for me. I came up with the idea but a home epidural system didn't exsist. He was shoy down by his supervisors but went over them to get approved. He used a titanium catheter used for intrathecal infusions and a venus port to create my system. He got a company to donate a state of the art PCA pump the size of a cell phone and found a nursing company willing to work with us. It has worked well for several years and I even had 2 babies!

He listened to what worked best for me and made it happen. The daay before my wedding he took me into clinic and gave me an epidural saturation so I could walk down the isle. He is about living your life, not being sick. I would reccomend him or anyone in the clinic. The number is 1 617 667 3334
mommyjen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote