View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 07:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Wink So sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy55 View Post
Nik-Key, I hope that I spelled your name right? However what I wanted to say to you,is how much that song touched my heart! In more way's than you will ever know. On December the 26th our family took my Mom to see her Alzheimer's Dr. Mom has been dealing with this disease for 4 year's. When we were all in his office,he told us that Mom has less than 6 month's to live! We all knew that this was coming but one is never quite ready! I am from the RSD site:Breezy55. When I heard that song that you posted,I just wanted to you! Thanks so much once again! Elizabeth
I'm new to this site, but honestly believe that music can and does reach some inner awareness, my Mom was diagnosed with Alzheimers last year and is rapidly declining, it's extremely saddening to watch someone once (15months ago) so alive energetic and just plain fun to be around slip away more and more every day but I've noticed if you ever want to bring her to life, slip in a Patsy Cline cd and she will smile stand up and belt out the song word for word, I've since bought every CD I could get ahold of and play them whenever I can, I've even started recording her, everyone has told her throughout life that she sounds just like her and still does. Even though she wasn't quite sure who my sister was last summer at her wedding, when asked by the band if she'd like to sing, Mom stood up and had the crowd (my family at least) in tears when she sang 'Crazy' note for note and right on key! Even as mom is forgettin more and more none of us will ever hear this song without thinking of Mom and my sister's special day....for now while she's still here I make sure to play this at least once a day to give her alittle familiarity before lights out and hope she's thinking happy thoughts before she goes to sleep!
CMAnastasi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (02-23-2011), tecky (03-08-2012)