View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 08:38 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Well my 3 dawns fasting have been 143, 134, and today 150!

From then on my sugars are pretty good. Today before dinner was 108.

I've been reading about the two causes of Fasting highs.

The Dawn factor

Somogyi Effect

here is a link explaining them.
http://www.libraryfordiabetes.com/ne...cfm?NewsID=233

Tonight I had shrimp and butternut squash.

I'll wake up and take a reading around 1-2am and see what is happening.

I took hubby's Fasting today and it was 82. So the meter does seem to read accurately. I ordered from Medco some control solution to test it out. Do you ever check yours?
I have a One Touch Ultra mini meter.

I check mine from time to time. I also take Alan's and it always coincides with his blood tests (he gets one every 3 months). His is usually 80 to 85. The man always says "If I was diabetic, they'd pay for my shoes and orthotics"

I now have a Bayer meter.

Oh, while I did the research about Fenugreek I did read about if one takes a thyroid medication, one should not take too much fenugreek because it interferes with T3 to T4 conversion (I hope I got that part correct).

But they always mention that side effect, if a person takes A HUGE AMOUNT of the stuff. I just take a teaspoon and make tea. I have no thyroid problem (that I know of), Never did. Never had anything show up in a blood test. Funny, my mother had a thyroid operation when I was 14. She had a tumor. I have no idea if she took any medication after that. She never mentioned this to me. My son is on Armor. Funny, it seems to have skipped me.

Thank god all my parts are still functioning and I'm losing weight and controlling my blood sugar. I know, as we age, this will change, but I always hope for the best.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote