View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 12:19 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EducatedAsylum View Post
I was diagnosed as schizoaffective and was inhoused and able to collect SSD because of this.. However I am taking pretty much the same drugs as those with bipolar (a mix of seroquel and lamictal)..

Schizoaffective disorder is essentially a cocktail of mood disorder and schizphrenic symptoms.. however the shrink I'm seeing now is treating me mainly for mood disorder (bipolar), and I think he's even trying to shift my diagnosis to bipolar because he thinks bipolar disorder by itself can cause distortions in perception and self-identity as well as marked social dysfunction. I wonder how much of this is true?
They have diagnosed me as having OCD,Panic disorder,and Schizoaffective disorder.

They don't know how to treat these disorders. I lose ground,and gain ground. Then I loose ground in some emotional area,and gain emotional ground in another area. Then I slip,and loose emotional ground,and everyone wonders whats happening to me. I don't know. Then I fall on my face emotionally,and it takes time to feel better.

Sometimes I can't control something that I know to be a delusion. I find myself struggling with a thought,then I loose control of my emotions,and have a panic attack.

Oh,it's to many things at one time,and I can't control these thoughts/emotions,and etc. It's been happening for a long time.

I'm on SSD,and they are talking about cutting social security,medicare,and medicaid.

In my state they are also talking about taking people out of mental hospitals,and that would save them 2 billion dollars a year. The social services programs are already declining in this state.

I just don't understand. What will happen to us? Will we end up on the streets,freezing at night?!!! This on top of our emotional conditions. BF
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (02-21-2011), Mari (02-21-2011), mymorgy (02-21-2011), OhKay (02-21-2011)