View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 12:21 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Martina,
I worked the PD dept above Nanticoke, and in Mountain Top, retired from that after my injury several years ago.
DH is working a security site this week in Nanticoke, can't remember the street, near a church by the hospital....man passed away and dd is out of town to settle the estate. Worry over the storm tonight for his travel in the Am. So is life in the North East.

TOS does not go away. It can go into remission, but generally it is a stretch or assault injury to the nerves. Trying to calm the nerves down to an acceptable level is what it is about. Dr. Togut did two surgeries on my dd, the scar matter just regrew around the cervical nerves and twisted entwining around them.

The second surgery he had place gortex wrap on the nerves at all levels, but the scar matter grew back.

Living on narcotics is said not a way to live, but it is about quality of life. I take percocet as need, generally one a day and three Advil. I use Valium as a muscle relaxer.

Advanced Pain management is all over in Scranton area too I recall, BUT the difference is that Dr. Pellicie's Pain Management is advocate to quality of life.

Advanced pain management will not provide long narcotic pain management. With the exception of refilling the intra-thecal pain pump. -OR unless you have a primary that will prescribe, Dr. P is the best.

He is patient advocate, does testing on site as needed. The splint Dr. T would like you to use, you may find someone that had rotator-cuff surgery willing to donate it.

We try to keep up with support group meetings but dear dr T has a life too, less him with how he thrives to help us, and work pt time yet.
Scott Fried is a second Dr. T but so much younger. Read his web site www.nervepain.com

He has a few books. In fact if the splint I think you are speaking of there is one on Scotts web site.
Scott treated my dd, my Uncle, his dil, and a friend of mine.

You have made me recall that I was setting up Dr.T to do two videos. Easier to gain info without the reading.
The TV health beat report was a major reaction in the valley. It shut the phone board down at the station from sooo many calls. They replayed it over several times.
I think a DVD of the diagx of TOS and what it is for one, and then living with TOS. As our friend Mark Jordan says how to control TOS so it does not control you.

Sorry we had to meet through TOS. I have been lurking on the boards, so many new people and so many questions,....it hurts to see so many.
I think if we had means of knowing how we can get TOS like carpal tunnel, and the reason some bodies are prone to it would help prevent.

Every parent on here with TOS watches for activities and symptoms with their kids,...
My youngest is now 15....YES TOS friends can you believe the tiny tot is now a major teen!!!!!

She is showing a lot of ct and forearm pain. She home schools and is on the computer a lot, but needed the monitor raised, arm supports, wrist pads for the keyboard and lots of breaks.

Getting long....call Dr P tomorrow......I would set up a consult with Scott too and see what he thinks.
Dianne

OMG this was taken over 13 years ago.

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote