View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 12:46 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketRisk View Post
thanks for your messages. so many threads, i don't know where to start. and when computing makes it worse, hard to do!

did wonder why, once flare-up flaring up, that symptoms become apparent on the left arm as well?

any drugs that help? anyone in the uk? apparently they don't do much with this in the uk. i contacted dellon in the states and he said to come over there for surgery (after i've seen carlstedt here in london). also saw that nath deals with neurolysis.

upper, upper trapezius very wasted as well, and don't see how that would be affected by neurolysis?

why do my arms feel so darned heavy? i'm not carrying anything!

best wishes to you all. sorry that you know what i'm going through (if you know what i mean) x
Dillon is very knowledgable, and I am not sure if when you got here he would suggest surgery or not, there is one other doc that if anything are doing a modified release.

The fear is the scar tissue. It sounds like your work is just another day of reinjury. I have dragon dictate, but when working I have to edit and upload photos labeling them just too much to do when Dragon'ing.

The nerves affected are coming off the spine, from the Cervical C4/5/6/7/8 & T1. THese become the three major nerves of the arm, Radial, Ulnar and Medial, all the way down to the finger tips, three feet away. THe neck does not discriminate to one side with TOS. When one side is affected the body is mirrored and will compensate on the other side.

I found a lot of relief in flares with a medrol pak, steroids, and Toradol shot.
I recently fell into the left arm and did the rocking in pain until the doc did the Toradol and medrol pak.

BUT work habits have to change to help tone down the pain. There is no way to work through the pain without hurting yourself more.

The heaviness is the nerve compression.
If you raise your arms, the outlet area, behind the collar bone, infront of the first rib becomes compressed. This makes the arm fall asleep, tingle, feel heavy.

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote