View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 09:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by finz View Post
I would think it will depend on how you are after the surgery.

If you are able to do the supervisory job that you are now, SSA would say that you are not disabled. The fact that that job won't be available to you soon isn't their concern.....it proves that you can do A job. It doesn't matter to SSA if you can't do your old job, they will want to determine if you can do ANY job.

Good luck with getting through all of this.
This one statement that is 100% true but makes no sense what so ever. I mean about SSA rules for employment. If a person becomes disabled and can no longer perform their old job and SSA agrees with this.

Q. Is SSA going to pay for this person to be retrained? A. NO.

Q. This person is disabled, is anyone going to hire them? A. Very Doubtful.

Q. With the job market as is, is this person going to be able to find a job? A. Very Doubtful.

Q. If a job were open 3 counties away, is SSA going to relocate this person? A. NO.

If a persons doctor tells them that they can no longer perform work because of medical problems, then SSA should have to evaluate the employment or job status where this person lives. They should consider if there is a job nearby that this person could possibly do with their limitations. They should consider that if there was a job 25 or 50 miles away paying $8.00 an hour, would this be feasible for this person to travel this far. It would take most of the paycheck just to pay for gas. If there was a job in the next state, SSA should consider if the person is financially able to make the move. I know that SSA will never consider any of this in a claim decision. I think instead of just having a SSA claim worker and a medical examiner deciding claims, there should also be a human relations or resources worker involved.

Best of luck
Don't let life’s ups and downs get you down.
Get on one of the ups and hang on like a big dog!!!!
Rickey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote