View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 10:21 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Mrs. D.

I just had my first binge breakfast. Began my breakfast around 8:15 a.m. Drank my lemon water before I left the house. Walked the 8 or so blocks to my breakfast place. Had a bacon and egg with cheese on a toasted roll. Two cups of coffee with one pack of splenda in each cup. Next time I'll try it with my liquid stevia to see if it makes any differerence in my post prandial.

At 10 a.m. I took my protein drink (Jay Robb Whey drink with Stevia). Downed that, 5 minutes later walked over to take my post prandial. Now maybe I was not supposed to drink that drink and immediately take my sugar but I did it anyway.

My sugar was 199. I have never taken my sugar exactly 2 hours after a meal. I would ordinarily wait until 12 or so and take it and it's like 104 to the highest of 130. I have no idea why it was 199 exactly two hours after my bacon egg and cheese sandwich on a roll or maybe it was the protein drink, who knows? I also took the readings on each hand so it stayed within range. One hand was 199, the other hand was 197.

I shall take it again right before lunch so I have a good log of readings on my binge day. And I'm going to have some fenugreek tea, and tomorrow, when I come home, I'll have the tea also and THEN do the post prandial thing. We'll see if the fenugreek brings it down two hours after I eat breakfast. Never did this before. I was concentrating on the fenugreek tea right before bed time, but I did have a sip or two during the day. Now I will try a half cup of the fenugreek tea right after a meal. This is going to be SOME experiment.

I'll do my walking (I do this every day). Also I will begin to do the post prandial thing all week long to see where I'm heading.

Oh, I went to the butcher that is right next to the breakfast place and I walked in (thinking I was going to buy my Romanian Tenderloin Steak (otherwise known as Skirt Steak). I looked at all the meat and I asked Dominick, the owner, "do you sell skirt steak", and he said "oh, sorry, no we don't". So I set off to buy some other kind of steak.

Well!!! you should have seen my face when I looked over the various cuts of meat. All I can tell you is that Melody is not going to pay $11.98 for a small club steak. Holy Cow.

So I went over to the Pork. That was more my speed. Bought a package of Pork cutlets for $2.63.

I'll take two for tonight, freeze the others and have 3 weeks worth of binge meals for that price.

Oh, I bought a nice Idaho potato. So tonight I shall enjoy my feast.

And you'll find this funny. When I walked in for breakfast, I told the waitress. "Sue, I need a menu, I'm not having my usual two eggs with cheese on a plate". I look at the menu and everything is like six bucks,so I said "how much is a bacon and egg and cheese on a roll with coffee? Five bucks.

Now I haven't paid five bucks for a breakfast in my life. But it's one day a week so I went for it. Do you know that the other people in the cafe (who know about the binge thing because we've been discussing it all week), well they shouted out 'Give me what Melody is having for breakfast" I never laughed so hard.

So it appears that I'm not the only one who is doing this binge thing on Monday.

lol

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote