View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 12:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickey View Post
I wondered how long it would take for someone to say this.

Use your god given ability to face simple facts of today's life.

If a person was born, raised and worked in the same place all there life, it should be considered.
That person should not have to move to another city or state simply because they became disabled.

If a disabled person can find a job that suits them and they can do the job, yes take the job.

What do you suppose are the chances of the economy picking up in the foreseeable future?

This is NOT bureaucracy.
It is my opinion on the whole damn situation and I have the right to voice my opinion.

I said I knew these things would never come into light with SSA but it"s my personal opinion that they should be part of a disability claim. That is all.
If you don't believe a disabled person should be required to move why are you discriminating against the able bodied? Why should the able bodied person then be required to move if there were no jobs in the area they choose to live in?

Anyone who chooses to live in a depressed area is owed a living by the government or only the disabled who choose to live in a depressed area are owed a living? What about the spouse of the disabled person who can't find a job in a depressed area? Is the spouse owed a living also or should the able bodied spouse live off of the money paid to the disabled person?

Or maybe the government should force an industry to move to the depressed area to provide jobs for both the able bodied and disabled who choose to live there?

And what if they only lived there most of their life, but not all of it? And what if their families had moved away for better opportunities?

The US economy has ebbs and flows throughout history. We recovered from the Great Depression. I have faith that America will continue to have peaks and valleys.

I don't believe that anyone is owed money just because they choose to live where there are few jobs. I believe America continues to be the land of opportunity. Why else does the rest of the world want to live here?

I am not commenting on your ability to work, only the idea that choosing a place of residence should be a factor of disability. Disagree.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote