View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Let's try to stay on topic with ideas & help for the original poster of this thread.

Thoughts and ideas on improving or changes to the system can be in a new thread for that topic.
thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laga77 View Post
Although I do not want to I may have to stop working. I have severe DDD in L1-S1 with severe Foraminal Stenosis L4-L5, along with grade 1 Scoliosis and Retrolisthesis. This causes constant low back pain and intermittent but severe Sciatica. I have been through therapy and injections and medications with no relief. The NS says I need a fusion at L4-S1. I have been getting Synvisc injections in my knee but they too no longer work and I need a replacement. I am 55 years old with a Assoc. degree and I have been a concrete carpenter for the last 29 years and have worked steadily. I can no longer stand on my feet for more than an hour without sitting down and when I do sit I get pain going down both legs. My GP is the one who suggested filing for disability. Since I am still working and have not filed a claim with SS yet, the lawyers I have talked to are very non committal. Do I have a case? Any input would be appreciated.