Thread: Hi please help
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 02:17 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taliainpain View Post
Hello, and I'm so glad I found this site. I'm 25 years old and I was in a car accident on November 18th. Since then I have had neck and upperback pain, really bad migraines, numbness in my arms and hands, and a tingling sensation. I also have had a bad case of the dropsies. My lawyer referred me to a chiropractor. Well he's been hooking me up to a tens unit that has literally burned my skin. Finally he said let's get an MRI. The MRI shows a 3 MM bulging disc in my neck. He didn't really tell me what that means or what kind of treatment we need to do. Or even where the bulge is other than my neck. The tens unit is not helping for more than about an hour. I've been reading and everyone has all their technical information up and I'm a little confused. But I'm so frustrated because I haven't been able to do normal daily things, like wash dishes and cook without intense pain. What am I doing wrong and can anyone help explain things to me?
Hi taliainpain,

I'm a little confused too. IMO, this sounds like classic whiplash. I would have thought you'd have been sent to an ER immediately after the accident. I'm confused as to why, with those kinds of symptoms, this lawyer sent you to a chiropractor alone instead of any number of doctors - neurosurgeon, neurologist, orthopedic surgeon, even a physiatrist - for a complete workup.

A TENS should not have burned you, but it's not likely to help those kinds of injuries/pain either.

IMO, I'd seek out a different attorney, and get to a doctor (MD) specializing in whiplash.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
taliainpain (02-27-2011)