View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 06:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I just had the VAT surgery on the 4th of Feb and im just about done with the pain and everything. I go back to the hospital tomorrow to get the stitches out of where the lung tubes were. All of the other cuts, which are quite small, were actually filled by medical glue instead of stitches. I obviously cant tell you anything about remission but Im still feeling awesome from the IVIG they gave me the week before my surgery, which is pretty common practice from what I understand. I spent 4 days total in the hospital. They gave me an epidural, a delauded pump (morphine doesnt help me) and im just about through with the Norco prescriptions (pumped up vicoden)...the pain part isnt a humongous deal while youre in the hospital because they take care of that really well while ur in the bed...the norco while youre out is another story, but that really depends on your doctor, with mine its like pulling teeth to get him to write a prescription, like im some kinda drug dealer standing on the corner selling vicoden 16 days after surgery. As for the time on the operating table....mine was 7 hours and change, but that is very rare for this kind of thing, my thymus was in there in an awkward position from what i heard from the doctors. you said her biggest problem was the scar....the VAT surgery has less noticeable scars but there are 6 of them, 3 of which are so small that im pretty sure once they heal, they wont be scars. so the cut from where the scope goes in and the two cuts where the lung tubes come out (mine where in for 2 days). If you have any other questions plz let me know I am way more than happy to give someone information that might help.
brandonc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote