View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 08:27 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concoulor3 View Post
I have seen that Dr. Brantigan and Dr. Annest are experienced TOS Drs.. I am wondering who is the BEST?

5 yrs ago, I was diagnosed with TOS with cervical rib, at that time I met with Dr. Sanders, and let's just say, I am not surprised that he is retired (old!). I have an appointment with Dr. Brantigan a week from today, but I just found that he has a sanction because his team draped the wrong leg (not TOS related) and he started cutting away. I have bilateral ribs but the right causes very few symptoms, but he could, in theory, do the wrong side.

Should I ask him about this when I meet with him?

Would it be prudent to schedule with both and see who I feel better about?

I recently had a rear-end car accident which has made symptoms worse and has an open medpay claim - I wonder if they would allow a second opinion?

thank for any input.
Astern
Has first hand experience,, Have heard and spoke to Dr. Annest, extremely professional.
Alas, this is the third issue two others were TOS related with the other doctor. No secret,
He is a vascular doctor, some of these issues were related to the permanent nerve damage to the diaphragm. Another is his testimony against a w/c patient.

Sad to be losing the old doctors,

As for the second car accident. I would wait three months post injury, up to 6 if you can to calm that issue down, or see what is new damage. It will take 3 months minimal for the nerves to calm down from the new assault being on the safe side.

When you consult with any doctor, if anyone says they will cure, they are incorrect. It is trying to improve the condition by removing the extra rib and free up the space the major bundle passes through. In your case, I would be concerned about cutting nerves, then doing the wrong side.

A doctor needs to see and test each nerve as he goes along. The scalene muscle in your neck can hid the nerves. Sometimes the mapping of blood vessels is screwed backwards too, coming through the scalene and they are needed to be protected and observed.

It would great if the rib could be done arthroscopic. But it takes large cutter to get in and get the ri, make sure no rough edges are there, and the lung is not collapsed.
Many doctors will collapse the lumg first to get it out of the way.

Dr. Togut did that with my dd and then carefully watched for it to re inflate. However she had many issues with scar matter.

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote