View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 09:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Any thoughts about sural nerve???

I've seen the doctor(#1) who did the initial testing on me and he obtained the nerve results from the other doctor(#2). Needless to say, doc #2 never tested my feet while thats where doc #1 found multiple problems with my nerves. He specifically mentioned the sural nerve as one. His plan of attack is to order a big bunch of bloodwork, some of which had been done previously like in the last 2-3 years, a glucose tolerance test, and he is also ordering another test and will redo the EMG, starting with the feet. Doc #1 is really thorough and giving this his all. I can't believe Doc #2 would just dismiss me when he didn't even do a thorough EMG, but after reading so many stories of others who have had similar treatment, I really shouldn't be surprised. Anyway, through all of this, my biggest complaint has been my feet with the pain, numbness, and the host of injuries that keep happening without my knowing about it, or rather not feeling it.

So any thoughts about neuropathies that start in the feet, involving the sural nerve? Or any thoughts about this nerve?? I know he is doing the GTT, but my blood sugar was on the rise because of spinal injections(a bunch in a short span of time) but it has returned to normal, so I'm not diabetic. And I've obtained my fathers neurologic records for him to review since I suspect some form of hereditary condition. My mind is in overdrive wondering what all this will show so as usual, bear with me.
EE03 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote