View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 12:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtons1971 View Post
BabyBoomer: I have been on SSDI for about 8 years now and have yet to have a review. I am 58 years old next month. I go to an ARNP at least once every 6 weeks for my medication reviews. I have been working for the past three years. Do you think that I may have a problem in the coming months with a review. I make around 850.00 per month. Thanks for any thoughts that you may have.

Is the SSA aware that you have been working part time for the last three years ?

From http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10153.html#4

What you must report to us

It is important to notify us promptly—either in person, by phone or by mail—whenever a change occurs that could affect your benefits. The changes you need to report to us are described below.

If you work while receiving disability payments

You should tell us if you take a job or become self-employed, no matter how little you earn. If you are still disabled, you will be eligible for a trial work period, and you can continue receiving benefits for up to nine months

Also: http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10095.html

Social Security work incentives at a glance
Trial work period—The trial work period allows you to test your ability to work for at least nine months. During your trial work period, you will receive your full Social Security benefits regardless of how much you are earning as long as you report your work activity and you continue to have a disabling impairment. In 2011, a trial work month is any month in which your total earnings are over $720, or if you are self-employed, you earn more than $720 (after expenses) or spend more than 80 hours in your own business. The trial work period continues until you have worked nine months within a 60-month period.

Extended period of eligibility—After your trial work period, you have 36 months during which you can work and still receive benefits for any month your earnings are not “substantial.” In 2011, earnings over $1,000 ($1,640 if you are blind) are considered substantial. No new application or disability decision is needed for you to receive a Social Security disability benefit during this period.

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote