View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 01:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Was he working fulltime when he was laid off ? I believe his unemployment benefits would have been calculated off of that. The very limited/part time work that would be the maximum that he could do now , since his condition(s) have worsened, most likely would not give him a salary high enough to meet all of his basic needs. I think this would fall under the "are you able to work again?" portion......he is not able to.

That sounds to me like he would no longer be eligible for unemployment benefits.....if they think he is really pursuing a new full time job.

I would call the Unemployment Office to see what they have to say.

Truthfully, this could leave you guys in a tough financial situation. If they cut off his unemployment and it takes years for SSDI approval, will you guys be able to make it ?

To add again.....I'm just going off my understanding of what I've heard/read about unemployment......I absolutely don't KNOW that he is not eligible for those benefits.

I hope this all works out for you both. The stresses of worrying about money and following all the rules correctly just adds more pressure to someone with a lot on their plate.

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote