View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 02:37 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-650 View Post
Things didn't go well, Dr. Griver was worried more about being swamped with Dr. Togut's patients and why I traveled all the way to Plains to see him than me. I mentioned this to Dr. Togut and also told him that I didn't want to go back to see Dr. Griver on 3/2/11 which would be my next appointment only this time it's in Clarks Summit not Plains. My problem is that I am perscribed narcotics and nobody wants to write perscriptions for them. Steve.....................
Dr.Pellieci is knowledgable about Dr.Togut. When Dr. T left Geisinger surgery and went into his own practice focusing on TOS patients, Dr. P covered meds for many of his patients.

You are correct about Dr.Griever, I found that too. Advanced Pain Management is about the epidurals, and if you have a pain pump they will fill it and monitor. BUT will not fill pain meds.

I think you will like Leroy Pellicie. He advocates for his patients. Compassionate about their care, has on site testing if needed. His staff is long term. His office is AMAZING sort of fixtures.

I think if you took a referral form from Emily and asked for it to be sent to Dr. P you will find it a much better situation. I know the drive well. Unfortunately my pt time work has me driving between the Scranton office, Forest City, Honesdale last Monday, and in Lock Haven on Thursday,

I have to have dh drive, too much for me. I did N. Scranton the week before and anxiety issues really flared along with the hands. I have to swap the grips even though I use a boppy pillow on my lap.

If you are interested in a protocol program of PT type of maintenance, Dr. Scott Fried is great about keeping what you have...in theory.
he can do an exam once a year to keep Pellicie abreast, much as Dr. T would have done.

That is a trip down the Turnpike to Norristown area but really worth it if you or anyone else is on W/C. It is much closer then John Hopkins where Pellicci sends complicated cases for followup and recommendations.

The other one is Dr. Schwartzman, but if you have a diagx and CRPS is not a major incapacitation issue then no need for him. He is retired but does a lot of complicated studies on Ketimine, and other meds for RSD/CRPS.

I don't work because I can, I need to contribute to the household. DH UC ran out, and my older son is disabled filed for SSDI years ago on his 3rd appeal. So I am maintaining two households.

Let me know if there is anything I can contribute for your care.
di

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote