View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 10:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
I recently had an aneurysm clipped. I know some aneurysms are inoperable because of the location. If they're talking about the dangers of 'moving' it, sounds like they're able to get to it. I'd want to find out of it could be clipped or coiled before it bursts on its own. I would definitely seek another opinion. Does this doctor specialize in this type of surgery? There are neurosurgeons who specialize in this. Aneurysms are scary and you want to know you're in the best hands you can be. When I first found out about mine, that was all I could think about. I hope your girlfriend can find a doctor that she has confidence in. Where is she located?
Hi and thank you very much for your response and info! She's in FL and she has an appointment right now as I write this so I am anxiously waiting for further news and will let you know what came out of this meeting when she informs me later today. Anyway, just as you had advise, she's seeking another opinion BUT this time it's with a Neurosurgeon who specializes in more "invasive" type brain operations, the last one only did general surgeries so this person will have more knowledge and experience in this.

Please tell me, did the clipping of yours work? Did they say if it may return or not please? Thanks.
mikehende is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote