View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 11:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Geesh, you have a job and stopped or no longer need meds? Then you wonder why you were "cut off"? I was in a car accident in 2007, I tried to work until my first "surgery" (arthroscopic) in December. I couldn't - my employer also couldn't work within the very strict and limited restrictions. I then had five more surgeries on my right leg (failed) and two SCS implant surgeries (Sept and Dec of 2010) that also has not helped, and now the RSD has spread to my arms, back, shoulders, etc. I am in constant pain, even with the meds and the stim. I've been doing the blocks to try and help stop things. I can't drive, I can't fully process things, what used to take a short time to complete takes forever to process. I applied for SSI, saw their shrink (he stated I could only do a sedentary job with NO STRESS and this was before this stupid SCS implant that KILLS me to sit, stand, lay, walk, etc) and got denied. I also had an IME for my auto insurance, and the IME said that I was very limited and had several restrictions, and was not able to work. This was at the same time as SSI's denial, so fortunately my PIP benefits were helping at that time. My husband has not worked due to my condition. He was working, but had to take time off for all my surgeries. I was non-weight bearing for foot surgery (6 months) and knee surgeries (6 months).

The IME the insurance company hired (hoping to get me off all benefits and say I was able to work) even told the insurance company that I required assistance with my day to day things, that I needed assistance with my personal hygiene, etc.

Am I angry at the SSI department? Yes. Did I hire an attorney? Yes. Is he shocked that I was denied? Absolutely, but happy because this is how he makes money and he feels it is a solid claim. I have seen my doctors regarding this injury constant since 2007. Sometimes as often as once a week. How did you get approved for so long? Why are you complaining about being "cut off"? I have worked since I was 16 years old. My husband has worked since he was 16. We have paid into FICA, FUTA, Medicare for most of our lives. No wonder there is no money left to help those who need it. The ones who don't are the ones who get approved quicker, longer and work (either on the books or off) and then complain when they lose their "free money".

Sorry if I come off as being a *****, but this is crazy. For every legitimate claim, it seems there is 5 that are not. So many of us are physically, mentally and financially hurting, wanting to work, missing the interactions with people other then our "friends" that are in the same painful boat we are. I miss the challenges that work brought about - even the crap and the drama. What I wouldn't give to be 100% again (or even 70%). Then someone has to complain...
Patti_Christmas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote