View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 01:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbert View Post
hello,i had been collecting ssdi benefits for about 14 years for bi-polar condition as well as for depression and a severe learning disibility.about 1 year ago i began working at a part-time job at a local restaurant as a busboy.i was earning about 800.00 per month below the ssa guidlines which is roughly $1000.00 a month.recently my disibility case was reviewed by ss and i recieved a letter in the mail saying that my benefits were being terminated for the folowing reasons...the fact that i have been able to hold a job for the better part of 1 year means that i have demonstrated that my condition is not severe enough to be considered disabled under social security rules.the letter goes on to say that because i haven't seen a doctor in a while and iam not takeing any medication further indicates that my condition has improved and that i cannot be considered disabled under social security rules.....my disibility check is only $590.00 per month and i had no choice but to take a part-time job and now social security is useing it against me.iam applealing the decision and will go before a judge.
Very sorry to hear you lost your SS benefits but I agree with the folks who replied before me. You have to see a doc, take your meds and if I remember correctly, the return to work program states that if you can hold down a job for nine months or more than your benefits will likely be terminated unless you can somehow prove that you are still deserving of these benefits. You can challenge the decision they made to stop your disability checks but unfortunately you don't have a leg to stand on. (No pun intended).
Shellback is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote