View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 01:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Mrs. D, thank you for posting that link. If he wants to do a biopsy, I'll definately say no. I get fasting insulin tests every three months and my PCP has been doing an A1C to ever since my glucose started to rise from all the MBB's that were being done, back to back for predictive neurolysis results, and that is well out of the range in the low 5's. So if he does decide to do the GTT, at least its one test that hasn't been done so far. I'm still pushing for genetic blood testing as I feel this is going to be a hereditary form, based on my fathers complaints. I wish I knew what it takes to be able to get these done and what sort of hoops the insurance company makes the docs go through to justify that. If anyone has any insight, I'm all ears/eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Many people will say don't do it. You can have permanent damage to the nerve, and the results do not add anything new and you can have pain from it forever!

http://content.karger.com/ProdukteDB...asp?Doi=117372

Consider this very carefully!

Get a fasting INSULIN test to show more evidence of impaired glucose metabolism. This is a simple blood draw, and often predictive of insulin resistance.
EE03 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote