Thread: Hi please help
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 01:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default See a doctor

Hi Talia,
I am sorry to hear about your pain.
I agree with some of the other replies that you need to see a doctor, probably more than one. You may have more than one thing wrong. Several things can be damaged after a car accident.

I also had a car crash and it has left me with some of your symptoms but not others. I have some neural damage, to my brain and back. This is manifest in symptoms such as tingling, pain, and really bad headaches. However, I don't have any numbness. Perhaps you have a trapped nerve? I think that the tingling could be due to subtle neural damage, but nothing that would be visible on an MRI.

I also had an MRI and there was a prolapsed disc in my neck. However, some of those changes might have been there before the crash, due to aging or bad posture. I have had some physiotherapy on my upper back and this was helpful, but you need to find a manipulative physiotherapist who really knows what she is doing.

I didn't find that a TENS machine helped at all.

I also have post-concussion symptoms. (There is a forum on this site about that if you think that that might be part of your condition.) Have you considered that? Did you have any confusion, post-traumatic amnesia or where you knocked out?

You may have some trapped nerves in your spine leading to numbness but I think that your condition might be more complex. Do do see a doctor. A general family doctor will not be specialized enough. You need to see a neurologist who is familiar with so-called mild traumatic brain injuries and spinal injuries.

Good luck. I hope that you find someone. Do feel free to send an email if you want to compare our conditions more.

I hope that you return to this site and read some of the advice that people have posted.

All the best.

CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by taliainpain View Post
Hello, and I'm so glad I found this site. I'm 25 years old and I was in a car accident on November 18th. Since then I have had neck and upperback pain, really bad migraines, numbness in my arms and hands, and a tingling sensation. I also have had a bad case of the dropsies. My lawyer referred me to a chiropractor. Well he's been hooking me up to a tens unit that has literally burned my skin. Finally he said let's get an MRI. The MRI shows a 3 MM bulging disc in my neck. He didn't really tell me what that means or what kind of treatment we need to do. Or even where the bulge is other than my neck. The tens unit is not helping for more than about an hour. I've been reading and everyone has all their technical information up and I'm a little confused. But I'm so frustrated because I haven't been able to do normal daily things, like wash dishes and cook without intense pain. What am I doing wrong and can anyone help explain things to me?
Concussed Scientist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
taliainpain (02-27-2011)