Thread: Hi please help
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 03:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile It will get better

Hi, My name is Rick. My wife and I were hit by someone who ran a red light and we both ended up with neck and back injuries. My wife had two herniations c3,c4, c5, and ended up having surgery. I have read some of the replies you have gotten and you have some good advice coming your way. No chiropractor, definately a good attorney you can trust.. and if your pain is not improved through conventional treatment, tens, heat, ice, mild physical therapy, then surgery may be needed. My wife went through PT for 9 months along with the other measures and the headaches, tingling, pain and numbness in her arms and hands never did go away. The surgeon told us about artificial disc implants that according to him have been used here in the US for several years now. She had two art. discs put in her neck and after the surgery she experienced immediate relief from the pain, the numbness, tingling and her headaches subsided. She was sore from the surgery, but she did so well that she went back to her desk job in just 3 weeks. (part time) I know everyone is different, I am not doing as well as my wife did I am postop 12 weeks level 4 lumbar fusion. By the way my wife also had level 3 lumbar fusion the same time as the neck surgery, so she had a two for one. Anyway, you are alot younger than we are, we are 54 yo. You have a lot of life in front of you and the fact that you are young would tell me that you stand a really good chance of making a fabulous recovery if surgery is elected. Didnt mean to ramble on, hope this helps. I know it is frustrating facing pain all the time, Our accident was Labor Day of 2008 and we are just having the surgery, Should have done it sooner. God bless. rick
wrick750 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
taliainpain (02-27-2011)