View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 04:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for letting me know how it went!

First off, please remember that vision therapy is very difficult. This is not a miracle cure. She had to work very hard and it made her very nauseated for the first couple months. Her routine included work in the office and also work at home every single day. Is this what your program will be like?

This is going to sound ridiculous but she felt some improvements right away...I mean after the first week. I sometimes wonder if those early improvements had more to do with the feeling of finally having some kind of control over her situation and FINALLY finding a doctor who could understand what she was going through.

Regardless, she had gradual improvements over the next few weeks. The most dramatic improvement came when she did an exercise designed to help restore 3D vision. You start on simple exercises and work your way up. Toward the end she was doing exercises that most people around her struggled with. It became a kind of contest to see who could or couldn't do her homework!

Remember that it is like any other form of physical therapy. She is young (16) and she was "only" 8 months from her injury. Older people and people further out from the injury might take longer.

All the best to you! Let me know how it goes!
PCSLearner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote