View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 04:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My PM put me on Lyrica and Vicodin after a botched Cervical Spine RF procedure that has given me Occipital Neuralgia(shooting pains at base of skull and tenderness and numbness) and I was rather dizzy the first week and was wiped out in the afternoon, the dizziness did diminish, the pain diminished a little, it did seem to stop the shooting nerves pains but not altogether, but after two months of Lyrica, and some weight gain, I was still groggy and wanting to and taking afternoon naps, which then made sleeping at night harder still and I was still occasionally walking into doorways.

I started Lyrcira(75mg 3x a day) and Vicodin in mid April and quit on July 1st with my PM's approval. I did not notice much difference in the pain level either way, but I had no more side effects and I am very happy I came on the medication.

This past week the PM asked if I wanted to go back on Lyrica, I said no, and then he offered a Rx for Topomax and I declined that also. Just tired of side effects from medications and I realize everybody reacts different and as long as I can stand the pain level I am at now, I will refrain from taking any.

Jyes
Jyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote