View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 08:58 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Shane,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. You can to the right place for good information.

Yes, a concussion can have lasting symptoms. Wiki is dead wrong but that is common for most of the medical establishment when concussion is the issue.

You ongoing symptoms may be all from your concussion or they may be due to a combination of causes.

You need for sleep may mean you are not sleeping properly. By that I mean, your brain does not get the full cycles of sleep including REM sleep. It is only during REM sleep that true brain rest and rejuvenation occurs.

Tell us about your sleep. Do you have dreams? Are they pleasant or stressful? Do you wake up refreshed, ready to take on the day? Or do you wake up with tired eyes and need caffeine to keep them open?

Have you ever had a neuro-psychological assessment? You might benefit from one to help you understand your symptoms and brain dysfunctions. Then you will be better able to plan your life. High intelligence is rarely severely impacted by concussion. Instead, the person just needs to learn new ways of using that intelligence.

So, tell us more about yourself and your symptoms/struggles and we may be able to give you some help and direction.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Theta Z (10-18-2012)