View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 09:14 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedRose View Post
Locally it was hard for me to find just plain B-12. I found a complex, but B-12 was the last ingredient. I feel positive effects with the B-12 shot when I was hospitalized last year but I didn't realize how much until I lost that in my system. I went back to my pychiatrist (I'd stopped seeing her because of a bad experience in her office but my dr's replacement refuses to handle my meds so back I went) and she prscribed me the shots. I just have to hunt down needles now.
Hi WickedRose,

If you're really into needles, fine. I can't stand 'em, so I've been going with the methylcobalamin mrsD recommends. It can be found online in 1000 & 5000 mcg doses, which are equivalent to the injectable dosages:
http://www.articleclick.com/Article/...jection/930880
Quote:
To get the same amount of vitamin B12 to be absorbed by the body as through injections, the patient needs to take a large dose of oral supplements, around 500-1000 micrograms every day.
I believe the nuggests will be much cheaper than injectable+needles anyway, depending on your insurance.

On occasion, I drop a 5000 mcg nugget into a bottle of 5 HR. ENERGY. I DO NOT recommend this on a regular/daily basis, as the 5 HR. ENERGY product contains other ingredients (like B-6) which could be problematic if taken too much/often.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote