View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 02:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Doc,
Thanks for replying. I have been treated with PT when I was pregnant with my son. It did help. I couldn't take anything really when I was pregnant with him so my neuro sent me to PT for some neck work. When I was pregnant with him my migraines were over the top bad. Some of the worst headaches of my life. It was awful. I didn't have that problem when I was pregnant with my daughter. Maybe it was the "boy hormones?" LOL

I also tried chiropractic care. I had one chiropractor in nursing school that did atlas specific adjustments. I had to have them done a few times a week. (I only went on days I had headaches.) The first time I had it done I had a splitting migraine. I thought I was dying it hurt so bad. When he did the adjustment I felt a head rush like nothing I have ever experienced. The blood rushing to my brain was crazy. I got really dizzy and almost threw up. I laid with an ice pack on my neck for twenty minutes and by the time I got home my migraine was GONE. I have YET to find a chiropractor again that does the same adjustment. I have found many who SAY they do. But they haven't been as good. Those adjustments help that day. I still get a migraine a few days later. But I preferred doing those adjustments than taking drugs that made me feel worse and often only gave me a 50% chance of the headache going away.
We just moved to the Denver area and I am waiting for my job to start so I have insurance coverage to find someone. I did find a headache clinic here. But she doesn't take insurance and I really cannot afford to pay out of pocket.
I have found a few clinics that say they specialize in headaches. I am hoping I find a good one.
bbpdrn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote