View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 12:00 PM
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member

WHY is the 64,000 question that could drive most of us insane trying to figure out....I'll never know that answer.

We have remained friends with our previous Pastor and he shares his wise councel with me when I'm in need..and I listen real hard when he is in pain.

I know it's called acceptance and it's really hard to get there. I know it's also called forgiveness and some things seem unforgivable. There is no explaining the death of an 8 year old child following routine surgery (an adnoidectomy)..but it happened and my daughter picked herself up and continued to live when I'm sure she had no desire to do so.

We are about to lose a dear friend who is going to be a tough act to follow due to his courage through this long struggle. His wife and I had a conversation about him having the time to say goodbye...to tell everyone how much they mean to him and that he loves all of us. His wife assured me that having this time together makes it no easier than if he had died unexpectedly.

So I'll repeat the words Pastor Dan said to me from Frederick Buechners book, The Longing for Home...The world floods in on all of us. It can be kind and it can be cruel. It can be beautiful and it can be appalling. It can give us good reason to hope and good reason to give up all hope. It can strengthen our faith in a loving God, and it can decimate our faith. In our lives in the world, the temptation is always to go where the world takes us, to drift with whatever current happens to be running the strongest."

Ahhhh sweet mystery of life....

Alffe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (05-16-2011), barbo (06-05-2009), MandaC (06-11-2009), Mark56 (03-13-2014), Nik-key (06-04-2009), Twinkletoes (05-16-2011)