View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 10:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My PCP told me they ran the tests last month and there is no reason to run any tests again this soon. I hope he is right.

I wish we could pay the medicare rate for some of these tests. I am sitting here waiting to see what my PSA will be after the CIPRO was used. It really wears me down. Stress. I asked this PCP one time if his job was to relieve stress or create it. He did not appreciate my comment, but he understood what I meant. Another time (years ago) I was in such pain I took around ten Vicodin in one day. He accused me of abusing the drug and I told him he is the doctor. Had he prescribed the correct level of pain killer to begin with, I would not have needed all the Vicodin. BTW, Vicodin is nothing to me. Does zero good with pain.

I respect a doctor who says he cannot do anything else at this time, but on the other side of the coin, I need a doctor who can think outside of the box. As my wife said, "We have checked all the horses, maybe we should check the Zebra's now...."

That kit sounds good. I will print this out and go look for it. Costco or Walmart may have them.

thanks again for the info....Dave