View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 11:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl View Post
According to my Quit smoking app on my iPhone:

It has been 18 days since my last Cigarette and I have saved $104.62.

Now, this is based on $7.75 per pack, and when I smoked, I bought by the carton. Clearly I would not have really spent that much money, I normally bought 3 cartons a month totaling about $140 a month.

I am very proud of myself. I have a goal in my head, and a picture of my reward on my wall.

I am a firearms enthusiast. It is my sport. I go the range once a week, and love to shoot.

When I save enough, I am going to FINALLY get my dream weapon. I carry (and prefer) a style of pistol called the 1911. There are MANy different makers and differences of 1911's. The big daddy and I think the BEST 1911 is custom made by Ed Brown. He can even engrave my name on it. I want an Ed Brown 1911 in stainless with my name or initials on it. It costs $2,800.00 all said and done. SO, when my quit smoking app says I have saved that much, I WILL be ordering one for my reward. (I am also saving the money in a separate account.

I figure it will take me about 17 months to get there, which is perfect, because it will be right about time for my 43rd birthday.

Yeah ME!.

Yeah you is right!!!! Way to go Earl! It is a hurtle, but one well worth jumping. You will find so many rewards as you go. It has now been just over seven years since I quit and I don't miss it a bit!

I'm so glad to see you can think of quitting as positive!
nemsmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote