View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 04:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchfri1003 View Post
Just curious. Is there a difference between the recovery and future problems based on the reason for the ACDF surgery? Many people are having this surgery due to accidents of one type or another. I had this surgery due to DDD, sever arthritis, herniated disk and pinched nerves. I know that the amount of levels makes the recovery more difficult. Any thought?

================================================== ====
12/9/2010 2 level ACDF C5-6 C6-7
Dear frenchfri1003

If you don't mind me asking where did you have your procedure? My husband is having a " Posterior Fusion 2 level C7-T1. He has had spineal surgery before of the lumbar area. The first surgery on the lumbar was a disaster then we had a revision done at the Hospital for Special Surgery and by the grace of god it was a complete success doesn't even take an Advi currently. He does have spinal steniosis and the C7-T1 just started in October with a stiff neck then came a clawing type hand and then the hand just got worse and worse. He does not have any pain but the hand at this point is almost unusable. We are using the same doctors at HSS and are told this is piece of cake compared to what he went through with the lumbar, but of course I'm a little skeptical. He does not want to start with the pain medication again so they are going to try and do his post op. with other technics. I'm a little nervous to be honest.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gabbycakes
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote