View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 08:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlek View Post
Keep a record of the dates and times you'd called? When you actually see that doc? Just hand him a copy listing the # of attempts you made.
Keep it up. Be relentless.
Often these 'assistants' are called 'nurses'? But you and I are likely as qualified or more? They're glorified gatekeepers.
So, let your doc know you aren't very happy about this 'issue'.. start looking for alternatives [unless you've gone thru the 'list' already].
Good luck to all!

PLEASE THO? No more 'stinkbug talk'? You're giving me the willies! They're even HARD to kill.... ICH.

hugs to all etc. - j
I agree, this should not be happening. The doctor offered you these meds originally so there's no reason why it should be this difficult to get through to him now and besides, when a doctor is out or cannot be reached, someone is handling his patients. Another doctor could easily look at your chart, see that he offered this to you and then write the prescription. It's not like your asking for narcotics! I love my cardiologist but I hate his scheduler. She acts like I am interuppting her everytime I call in.
myeamans is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote