View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 01:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Linda

I am looking for pain relief, cannot take NSAIDS B/C of gastrointestinal issues (causes bleeding) I do not think that the tizanadine is working, told my neurosurgeon and all he did was up the dose.

A unfortunate side of DDD and Spinal Spondylosis is that I cannot stretch my legs out straight (hamstrings are alway very tight)

I do ice and heat, the physical therapy was discontinued because of the A/C osteoarthritis I have in my right shoulder. Started cortisone shots (about a year now) but because of intense intractable pain have requested surgery to correct it (they take a part of the clavical out)

I take T3's (two times per day - but the relief is only about 4 hours long which leaves me in intense knock down pain for half a? day).

I cannot take anti-depressents (tried that in the past and they really messed me up i.e trazadone, paroxitine, and a couple more)

neurtontin caused side effects that mimicked MS, (hand and knee twitched, eye problems, double vision, caused depression, felt unsteady, loss of equilibrim and could not focus.....

So I am looking for alternatives..............does anyone have any suggestions?
AK Kid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote