View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 12:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,
Time that I check in with you all. I have been using all my pain-free time to get ready for a vacation to Maui...YAY! I've never been there, and it is so great because my husband's last three years of vacation days were all spent for my surgeries. He so deserves this! And his AWESOME parents are paying for a week for us in a 5 star hotel. They are the best. We could never afford it ourselves.
Anyway, the leads.......he has still not repositioned the bad lead, and I have developed another problem, which I may or may not have told you all about - the line seems to be getting more and more taut. It feels like the unit is hanging, being held by a spot at the back of my ear. For those of you familiar with construction, it feels like I have a plumb-bob hanging from my head. And it saws away back there, like one of those wire cheese slicers. (Note to Self - never be the first on any procedure by your neurosurgeon). So.....they FINALLY scheduled the surgery - at first the neurosurgeon said that he wanted to do the lead move only, and then fix the hanging unit if the lead move was acceptable. So I wrote a very explicit email back to him about how painful the line problem was, and he finally backed off and said that he would do them together. I cannot understand why the hell he though that it should be two surgeries, especially because the hanging line does pull on my facial leads. I cannot even begin to tell you just how vexing all of that interraction was - he had me just crying with frustration. I want to be away from those people so badly. Enough is enough!!!
So, that is the update, and my surgery is 4 days after my return from Hawai'i, on the 21st of March. Please please please wish me luck that everything goes right. I'm so tired of this.
Hugs to all, at least half of my post was upbeat /
Lily
Mylastnerve is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (02-24-2011), Mark56 (02-24-2011)