View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 05:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes long ago View Post
Finz there are people i know that were placed on light duty , were forced to stay on light duty, applied and were approved all while they are on light duty. you are making a blanket statement that if you are on light duty it is proff that you can do some job and i am telling you that i know from personal experience that that is not always the case.

ELA, On the whole regarding this issue.....I'm not saying anything.....I passed on what SSA says.

Regarding light duty specifically, I have not said no one on light duty can get SSDI. I have repeated what SSA says about anyone who can do SGA and pointed out that there are jobs out there which are not very physical so they would meet thesame physical requirements as what would be considered light duty in another job.

I was a home care/hospice nurse. There were occassions in the past that I was on light duty, like after I was in a car accident while pregnant and at risk for preterm birth. They had me reviewing charts. That was my light duty assignment. That was the same job as all of the nurses who worked in Quality Assurance did every single day. The same job. It was light duty compared to what I normally did, but it was a 'regular' job in inself.

Or....to put it another way, if you explain to me exactly what your friends who were on light duty did in an 8 hour shift, I bet I can name a job which would have the same level of physical activity. Think about it.....there are jobs for security people that just involve sitting or standing while watching security cameras and making a phone call if you see something hinky. That would be considered easier than the light duty that I did.

I couldn't do that easy security job now. If I could, I'd be doing that(and making more money than I am now) rather than collecting SSDI. I'm not saying Lana could do that job. I AM asking if he can do a supervisory job now, which is light duty compared to what he used to do, why couldn't he watch the cameras and make a phone call ?

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote