View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 12:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi ~ You can go higher on Neurontin ~ I'm surprised you haven't had any side effects from it. Most people notice some weight gain, water retention, and feeling a little "loopy" from it. I'm glad you don't. You would by now if you were going to. The Lyrica has quite a few side effects too - if you look at the top of this page, and click on where it says "Drugs" you can look up ALL the drugs you take and it will tell you all about them and the side effects. No, you're not maxed out on Lyrica either.

I'm SO glad that these are working so well for you. I just wish they had taken away all the burning. I take Topamax and that DOES take away ALL THE BURNING and tingling. Every bit of it!! At least it does for me!!! I hated the Neurontin -- I didn't like the weight gain or feeling loopy. Topamax works the same as Neurontin but for me it works better!

Best of luck to you and God bless! Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote