View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 12:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hydrocephalus + balding = any treatment?

Hello, I feel blessed to say that as a person with Hydrocephalus who dealt with many surgeries in my childhood I have a shunt that has been working fine with no problems since 1999 (I was 13 then), knock on wood.

However, I have a difficulty. I am 24 and am losing my hair early. I am losing some among my scalp but it's my FRONTAL hair that's disappearing. I could live with the hair loss but going bald early when you have a VERY visible shunt line is not a very fun idea; I have enough physical challenges in life as it is (not to sound ungrateful; I am well aware most with my illness have it worse!). I am not sure my options if any because I can't find anything relating these two issues together on the net. I'm not sure if anyone here knows, but if so I'd appreciate some input; do I have any options? I have to assume a hair transplant is not possible? What about Rogaine or any other hair treatment? Would applying something like this to my scalp be potentially harmful? What about a pill? Would ANY of these be possible, let alone possibly work?

If anyone has an answer or an idea of where I could get some, PLEASE let me know, and thank you!
RagahRagah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote