View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 07:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntaj View Post
--for the maximums that most doctors will prescribe regarding Neurontin (gabapentin) and Lyrica (pregabalin).

Nevertheless, I know of exceptions, among them people with Central Pain/Thalamic Syndrome (common among MS and stroke patients) who've gone higher--one I know of went to 7200mg Neurontin and was still getting slightly increased pain relief after ramping up to that point and was still functional.

For most people, the effect of these meds has a downward slope after about 2400-3000mg of Neurontin, 350-400mg Lyrica or so, in that increasing dosage after these levels by a set amount has less of a therapeutic effect than it did at lower dosages--for example, more effect is felt in going from 1800 to 2400mg Neurontin than in going from 3600-4200mg. There seems to be a diminishing returns curve in absorption ability for most.

Everyone is an experiment of one, though.

"For most people, the effect of these meds has a downward slope after about 2400-3000mg of Neurontin, 350-400mg Lyrica or so"

Agree
Glenn can the same pain relief be expected after remaining med free?
lets say I start lyrica again in 6 months. 100mg gave me super pain relief first up. Im thinking my brain may be hardwired to expect it so may not be as effective next time around?
zorro1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote