View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 09:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm 70 and had MG for about 8 months. I have the same symtoms. Thus far I have taken Mestinon, Imuran, Prednisone (put me in hospital), Neostignine and just finished 5 treatments of IVIG nothing has helped. I am currently on my 4th doctor, the first was too conserative to DX my MG, the second was too aggressive (Prednisone), the third was too conserative only concerned with my body muscles and not my vision. My doctor now seems somewhere between the other 3. I'm also in SC but very close to Charlotte. Had to go to Charlotte for IVIG. I did see a doctor in Charlotte at the ALS Center but he was only concerned with my body muscles. It is very difficult to find a doctor you are comfortable with in dealing with MG.
Good Luck
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumandem View Post
Just joined. I am 78; had mg 8 mo. Still trying to regulate dose--am changing neuros. Mainly occular myasthenia, but is in a bit of remission. But I am extremely tired a lot, and I am also having dogestove difficulties. Hard to get a neuro appt in this corner SC; have to wait 2 months this time. Will be reading.
pingpongman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote