View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 10:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhen53 View Post
hi Patti

My husband just went and seen a doctor for this mental exam for depression

He asked what he does if he cooks or does laundry If he socializes and he also asked if he gets angry easy which he does all n all it went good.

My husband is very depressed as far as I can see Also the doctor said he would get this to ss straight away so hopefully we will hear something soon.

Don't worry and God Bless and Good Luck we all need it
I hope everything goes well with your husband! I just don't think it is right for the government to base it upon one visit with the shrink. For the doctors to get to fully understand the depth of depression and the good days versus the bad days, it seems like more then one visit would be required.

I will say that I have found since the SSI's mental exam, my mind seems to be getting worse. I think it also has something to do with the failed surgeries that followed - the 2 spinal cord stimulator implants, the re-torn meniscus and the spreading of the RSD. I know we will be okay, it's just the struggle gets old.

Again, good luck to you and your hubby! I hope that you are taking care of yourself as well!
Patti_Christmas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote