View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 11:34 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2MS View Post
Last week, I had some days of burning and pain in my upper leg. My neuro put me on steroids - I started them Saturday and finished this morning. Of course I felt great this weekend, but now my leg is painful to the touch but nothing like the burning pain. My question to you MS experts is will the pain eventually resolve or is this just something I have to live with - I have RRMS.
New2MS - Sorry you are going through this. Steroids are generally used to treat the inflammation going on in the body not necessarily the symptoms. While sometimes this helps with the symptoms, in my experience, it never really resolved the symptoms. Some symptoms eventually went away on there own within a month, others a year, and others are a constant "companion." It is hard to predict when or if the symptoms will resolve.

The best advice I can give you is to give it some time and rest, talk to your neuro about medications for the nerve pain that you seem to be experiencing, and remember that we have all been there and are here to help you through this. Let us know how you are doing.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (02-25-2011)