View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 11:36 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

In 40+ yrs I only had ONE person tamper with a bottle... and I think she was getting Alzheimer's or just a tight wad.

She was so patently obvious in what she did...putting FiberCon tablets in an old worn pill container, that would hold tiny pills.

She just wanted a "refund"...the bottle was over a year old!

So the manager did it for customer relations, but we both knew what was going on!

But scamming tablet counts is a real thing, and hard to prove.

The dispensing robots often loosen up and start overcounting, and never did anyone call us to warn us of that. When you have a unit with 200 cells, you cannot catch every one!

Controls are usually double counted now. And I would count them myself when temping, because I didn't know the employees well.

Most places will fix a count error after the people leave the store. The place you describe is very backward and old fashioned. (if you live in a small community-- he is really holding you hostage). I'd make a production each time too just like you...so others can see this. It is more damaging for him to be that way in the end. His own worse enemy.

The problems in a busy pharmacy are the endless interruptions.
One cannot concentrate when interrupted every 30 seconds all day long! That and high volume with inadequate help...nightmares!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (02-25-2011), Dejibo (02-25-2011), dmplaura (02-26-2011), Kitty (02-25-2011), Riverwild (02-25-2011), SallyC (02-25-2011)