View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 12:34 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

This has happened to me before with the same pharmacy. The last time it happened, they put some other med in a bottle labeled for a diabetes drug for the man. I knew what the drug looked like, the label describing the appearance of the med described that same med, and the pills in the bottle did not match it.

I called them and described the pill to them and they offered to come and pick up the bottle and bring the right med. It would have required a 50 mile trip through the snow so I told them I would drop it off after work the next morning.

The pharmacist who processed the medication originally was there early waiting for me, gave me the correct med, and a gift card. He told me he had accidentally given us a heart medication rather than a diabetes med. Scary stuff.

The person who packaged this med was a new pharmacist. I got a call this morning from the pharmacist apologizing and asking me to stop in next time I was in town to pick up a gift card for my troubles.

They are always responsive when there is a problem or a short on pills. One time they refilled a prescription for me and then a few days later I got a call saying I had forgotten my baclofen, and that I had only gotten a partial refill. I went in and they had the new bottle in a bag, stapled shut and I waited until I got home and went to put it away before I checked it.

They had refilled a 90 day scrip, but when I checked the bottle I had picked up a few days before, it was also a 90 day refill with all the pills there. I brought the bottle back and explained what had happened to them and they told me to keep the new bottle as thanks for being honest with them about it.

I pick up large orders all the time for both work and home, and I always check them, but often get delayed. They are NEVER used before being checked, especially at work, those get checked before my shift is over. At home it may take me a day or two to check them but I always do. I not only make sure it is the right pill and the right dose, but the correct count as well. They are used to me now and know I won't come in claiming a short order or keeping an overage. It's a pain in my rump sometimes, especially when keeping track of all the man's meds, he's a walking pharmacy all by himself!. I not only have to check his, but I have to portion them out in two weeks of night and day pills, in organizers, along with notes for shots and reminders to order refills on supplies, syringes, test strips, lancets and other injectables he is on.

Life used to be so much easier when all I had to do was to check the expiration date on a bottle of aspirin!

I have this mental picture in my mind of you all, shaking bones and bells and charms, muttering prayers and voodoo curses, dancing around in a circle of salt, with leetle glasses and tiny bottles of cheer in the middle...myyyyyy friends!

diagnosed 09/03/2004
scheduled to start Tysabri 03/05
Tysabri withdrawn from market 02/28/05
Copaxone 05/05-12/06
Tysabri returned to market 06/05/06
Found a new neuro 04/07
Tysabri 05/25/07-present
Medical Marijuana legally 12/03/09

Negative for JC virus antibodies!

I'm doing alright and making good grades,
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!
Riverwild is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (02-25-2011), dmplaura (02-26-2011), Kitty (02-25-2011), mrsD (02-25-2011)