View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 12:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella View Post
I have not had this but looked into with Dr K. I have mixed feelings on this treatment since overall long lasting positive I have not heard other then on his or other doctors websites. That being said I am in a bad place again and am thinking of seeing him. A concern is that I feel if 100 rsd patients went to him 99 at least would be suggested this treatment. I don't believe one size fits all. Yes we all have the horrid pain but not all the same in how we respond. It also annoys me how is website lists the prices and fees. It is like going for a spa treatment rather then serious medical care. Also the 3 days is 7500 which seems way overpriced and I am thinking they would be repeated. I also don't like how doctors don't accept insurance or make one pay up front. It smells like greed. Ok sorry to be negative. Again after all of what I said I am thinking of seeing him.
I do think with any treatment for rsd one has to really be careful in what they decide to do. I am in a horrid place right now but things can be worse. It seems at the time how can they be but I know from experience they can. I also have been to see some of who are supposed to be the best in rsd treatment. I am big on 2nd opinions but the issue is that when I got 2 opinions they conflicted so I got a 3rd and that was different then the first 2. So now I know each rsd doctor has there "thing". My best pain doctor did not have his thing and really looked outside the box. I responded bad but I don't think it was his fault but it was my body.
Where do you live? What other treatments has your daughter had? Hope what ever she does it gives her relief.
We live in Jacksonville Florida. She has tried several different meds. But nothing like Ketamine. Like I said we just got a confident diagnoses a couple of months ago. It has been a nightmare finding a doctor who would even believe there was something wrong. I am also looking into a physical therapy program in Pittsburg. But we are going to try the Ketamine first. Right now she just needs some relief.
byates is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote