Thread: Working
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 04:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Working

I am new here and was in need of advice. I am wondering if you can try and work some during the inital application process?
I applied for disability over 9mo ago and still have no decision. I am scheduled for a psych exam next month. I applied for Borderline Personality Disorder, PTSD, OCD, major depression and anxiety. I have alot of issues ie: have not driven in 2 yrs, barely leave my home, extreme paranoia and phobias.
The problem is like everyone else, it is crunch time. We have ran out of money. I can not afford to get anymore treatment b/c I do not have the extra $300 a week. My husband makes too much for me to fall into any type sliding fee or community help and I have some insurance. But I have to pay 50% and we have so many medical bills we have no money. I am being sued for all the medical bills (I had 3 surgeries last yr). I do not know what to do. I was recently offered a part time job, less than 20hrs a week. Problem is my mental issues are no way under control, as I have recently attempted suicide. The financial issues are only exacerbating things. I know I would not be able to keep the job long as I never do b/c of depression, paranoia ect. But this money would help me get treatment.
If I was to take this job, would it automatically mean my claim would be denied?
Reneetami is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote