View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 06:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Aireyden: My daughter was having problems concentrating. She couldn't read for more than a few minutes. She also had trouble in crowds...she felt uncomfortable and got irritated then got headaches. She had almost non-stop nausea.

The vision therapy and prism glasses do work to keep the two eyes focusing together (binocular vision). This was nothing you could actually see...her eyes seemed to be pointing at the same place when you looked at her. It was within her brain that things were not working correctly.

Soon after starting therapy she was able to read for longer periods, stay on the computer. She started feeling more comfortable in stores and in church. She quit hitting her head when she got in and out of the car. She quit running into door jams or walls when she walked down the hall. She quit dropping things she thought she was putting on a shelf but was actually missing. She stopped seeing little mice and shadows everywhere.

Her accident was August 09. She started therapy in June '10. She is 3 months + out of therapy. She hasn't had a headache in a long time...at least 2 months. They got fewer and further between and now they are basicallygone. She is getting all As in honors classes as a junior in high school.

I'm not sure if I mentioned that she was prescribed a pair of regular prism glasses that wore around everywhere together with a pair of reading glasses.

I am not saying this is all due 100% to vision therapy. I think time did it's work, too. The last two headaches she had were triggered by extreme emotion, so I do think she's more suceptible now. Maybe always will be, maybe she'll continue to get stronger or more resistance to headaches? IDK.

Keep me posted!
PCSLearner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote