View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 07:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Daniella, I use to live in fear & stress. So anxious going to bed worrying about what was going to happen next, how would i feel, will it spread. And we know that anxiety increases sympathetic nervous system which causes RSD to get worse. I to go for biofeedback and relaxation techniques. It was also suggested to begin a book of positive sayings, prayers, and favorite sayings. I asked friends/familiy and everyday i start by reading my book. Some were as simple as Dr. Seuss rhyme, like, Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind, or people are like teabags, you don't know how strong they are until they get in hot water, or a bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn, or one's best success comes after one's greatest disappointments.... Although my RSD spread full body i am not nearly as anxious as i was because i know stress and anxiety has been proven to make RSD worse. I do have fears but i am better at living one day at a time and appreciating what i can do instead of focusing on pain. I also consciously dont talk about my pain until the end of a conversation because i found people arent comfortable taking about pain all the time especially when they cant do anything about it(I know i was sick of hearing myself talk about it). I also got a puppy that makes me laugh and smile when i have a rough day(now 2dogs and a cat and 4kids). It is a good distraction for me and i have even started taking short walks with them which makes me get outside. If i dont feel well i skip the walk but must go out with them for at least 10min/day. My psychologist has recommended doing these things which has really saved me. Hope you find peace and less anxiety. momof4
RNcrps2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyRI (02-25-2011)