View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 08:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn01 View Post
One problem has come up with my insurance that the procedure is subject to my deductable which is pretty large. I called my insurance company to find out what the allowed amount is roughly for this procedure, they told me I would have to call the hospital. The hospital said it is around $1200.00 I don't think that includes charges from the lab that will be doing the testing. I still owe another hospital for a tubal pregancy surgery back in 2008. So I am just stuck on what I'm going to do. I may be able to negotiate with the hospital on payments. I can't exactly afford that either, on top of everyday bills. I'm suppose to have the LP on wednesday. And I do not like the neurologists staff, she said that he really needs me to have the test and if I can't to let them know so he doesn't show up at the hospital. It was her tone that bothered me like I am studip.
Many radiologists perform these and they are already at the hospital. We use fluoroscopy, which makes getting access easier as we are not doing it blindly. You would just need the order for the study, plus the lab orders on the CSF. This way you're not dependent on the neurologist, other than for orders.
kwinkler is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote